Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Mascherano close to Liverpool Deal

Mascherano confident deal for a permanent stay to be sorted within the week


Javier Mascherano believes Liverpool will complete his transfer this week. The Times is reporting Mascherano expects his future to be settled this week in a £18.6 million deal. The 23-year-old's transfer did not need to be completed in time for last week's deadline because he is registered as a long-term loan from Media Sports Investments. He said: "I have a lot of confidence that after the next week I will be able to say everything is right and I am staying here in Liverpool. "We now need to wait. We are very close but we need to talk again. I think everything will be okay. I've waited a long time, so I can wait one week more."

When finally completed it will be a major boost for the Liverpool's beleaguered Benitez, and will add to the growing stability at Anfield as Liverpool try to get their season back on track.

0 comments:

Blog Partners