Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Football News: Fernando Torres to Chelsea a dream

Fernando Torres to Chelsea officially a dream as he commits to Liverpool

Fernando Torres
Fernando TorresFernando Torres moved again to quash any speculation of a move to Chelsea. Speaking after Spain's game against Sweden he said;
“I want to say very clearly that I’m not on the market and that it’s my desire to continue at Liverpool, I’m very happy there and I want to carry on. I came to the club to win trophies. I have many years left on my contract and I expect to win some silverware there. I have gone through things I have never experienced before, like playing in a Champions League semi-final.And now that I have come within touching distance of glory I want it all.”
Well speaking as a Liverpool fan, you really can't get much clearer than that. I get the feeling with Fernando Torres that he is going to be at Liverpool for a while. Call it gut instinct, whatever, but you just can't see Torres moving on. It's destiny!
Speculation had increased after the appointment of Scolari, with fantastic rumours of a 65 million pound double bid for Fernando Torres and David Villa. Such talk has quickly proved to be newspaper drivel, with Torres quickly moving to ridicule the speculation and Villa stating he's rather move anywhere but Chelsea, with Liverpool, Barcelona and Real Madrid his preferred destinations.
I'm just glad these Fernando Torres to Chelsea rumours are now likely to go away and I can watch Liverpool's dealings to bring players in not out!

Ad: Make adult friends for meetings, email, phone, cams or whatever. Join free today. Over 18's only.

0 comments:

Blog Partners